Experience one of God’s special places, with cool green woods, warm sand dunes, and a beautiful shoreline. Lake Michigan Camp is located on 157 acres in Pentwater with 1/2 mile of beautiful beach. We are a unique Christian campground offering open RV/tent camping (May 1-Oct. 15), Cabin and platform rentals, 3 weeks of residential youth camps and a year-round Retreat Center.
Permanent Part-time Position
- Assistant to Camp Director: Responsibilities include assisting camp director with office responsibilities, guest relations, making reservations, housekeeping, kitchen assistance and other duties as assigned. This is a permanent part-time position offering reduced, flexible winter hours with the possibility of working remote. During the camping season of late April through October position will be approximately 30 hours per week and may include some evening or weekend hours. Applicants are required to complete an online application, provide references, be able to pass background check and be willing to start immediately. Send resume to: email@example.com
Seeking Summer Camp Staff
Lake Michigan Camp and Retreat is currently accepting applications for these 2020 Summer positions:
- Summer Staff: Excellent opportunity for high school, college students, and school employees. Responsibilities will vary from day to day based on campground demand including janitorial, grounds, kitchen and guest services. Staff housing provided and meals when prepared.
- Groundskeeper: Maintain a pleasant outdoor environment by ensuring the Lake Michigan’s grounds are attractive and orderly for our guests. Responsibilities will include mowing, weeding, trimming small trees, removing dead, damaged or unwanted trees and spitting wood.
- Campground Host: Campground Host will assist in customer hospitality and with minor grounds or housekeeping responsibilities. This is a volunteer position of no more than 20 hours per week in exchange of a campsite with electric and water hook-up. Position available from May 1 – October 1.
- Youth Camp Lead Cook: Lead Cook will work with camp director in planning and executing meals for our three weeks of Youth Camps: June 21-27, July 12 -25 with the opportunity to pick up additional hours. This position is a paid position with the possibility of housing included.
- Youth Camp Kitchen Assistant: Assist Lead Cook with executing meals and clean-up for our three weeks of Youth Camps: June 21-27, July 12 -25. This is a paid position with possibility of housing included.
- Kitchen Volunteers: Assist Lead Cook by volunteering for one or more of our youth weeks. Campsite accommodations in exchange of your week of volunteering.
- Reservations & Camp Store Assistant: Assist in providing excellent guest services while taking RV camp reservations and working in the camp store.
Apply using instructions below or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Is a half mile of pristine Lake Michigan waterfront is calling your name? Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat gives you the opportunity to experience and work at one of Michigan’s greatest natural treasures.
How to Apply
- Click on “Log In” and create a new account (if you don’t have one)
- Paid Positions: Click on “Reservations,” then look under New Reservations and click on Your Name under “Make an individual reservation for.”
- Paid positions: Scroll down to find “STAFF All Site” Application. Select this item, then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click “REGISTER.”
Volunteer positions: Scroll down to Lake Michigan and click on “Volunteer,” then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click “REGISTER.”
- Complete the application. Check off Lake Michigan Be prepared to submit three employer/personal references using their email addresses. You’ll be asked to complete a personal disclosure statement and submit to a criminal background check.
How to Apply via e-mail or snail mail
- Download application.
- Complete it and send it to email@example.com or mail it in (address on application)