How to Apply for Camp Staff Positions
- Click on “Log In” and create a new account (if you don’t have one)
- Click on “Reservations,” then look under New Reservations and click on Your Name under “Make an individual reservation for.”
- Scroll down to find Staff Application for the site you want. Select either New Staff or Returning Staff, then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click “REGISTER.”
- Complete the application. Check off all sites you are interested in. Be prepared to submit three employer/personal references using their email addresses. You’ll be asked to complete a personal disclosure statement and submit to a criminal background check.
UPDATED March 4, 2020
Working in camping and retreat ministries is an opportunity to change lives and make disciples of Jesus Christ.
Michigan Area United Methodist Camping
- Summer Program Director: Immediate opening, for a full-time seasonal position responsible for leading faith-based summer camp and day camp. Experience in programming at a Christian camp or local church setting for camp, day camp and/or Vacation Bible School required. The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and brings experience and enthusiasm to:
- Recruit, train, lead, motivate and evaluate staff
- Understanding of developmental characteristics of children and youth in social and faith-based settings
- Working in a team environment, complementing and supporting others
- Help enforce strict COVID-19 protocols for the safety of campers and staff.
Manager will work from home until late spring when moving on site (Wesley Woods) is a requirement for the summer.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to the Rev. David Berkey, Executive Director, Michigan Area United Methodist Camping, email@example.com. Questions about the position can be e-mailed to the same address. Applications are open until filled, for full consideration please apply by March 26.
Lake Huron Retreat Center (Burtchville)
- no openings at this time
Lake Michigan (Pentwater)
- Summer Staff 2021: Excellent opportunity for high school, college students, and school employees. Responsibilities vary from day to day based on demand including janitorial, grounds, kitchen and guest services. Staff housing provided and meals when prepared.
- Apply using instructions above or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wesley Woods (Dowling)