UPDATED March 14, 2023
Working in camp and retreat ministries is an opportunity to change lives and help others experience the love of God. Use the form at the bottom of this page to apply for any position.
See also Volunteer Opportunities
Summer Camp Internships
Your summer job can build your leadership skills, understanding of camp ministry and score big points on your resume — and it can be fun and fulfilling! Summer Camp Interns work with their supervisor, coworkers and other interns throughout the summer, tailor their learning experiences to their interests, receive specialized training, and support each other through weekly check-ins. Training begins June 1 and runs 10 weeks (with room for some flexibility as your schedule may require). Ideal candidates have at least one year of college and are over 18 years old.
Day Camp Interns (two locations available: West Branch and Utica) Apply
Help run day camp for children at one of two sites (West Branch First United Methodist Church and Utica United Methodist Church). Camps include crafts, games, activities, Bible lessons, and more. Interns will be trained in all aspects of day camp including curriculum, child safety, instruction, programs, and more. Monday-Friday, hourly pay.
Overnight Camp Interns (Wesley Woods and Lake Michigan sites) Apply
You’ll be guided through all aspects of camp ministry, including, but limited to program leadership, administration, lifeguarding, hospitality, maintenance, team building. Includes housing and meals (room and board), $600 per week.
Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat Jobs (Pentwater)
- Summer Staff: Excellent opportunity for high school, college students, and school employees. Responsibilities will vary from day to day based on campground demand including janitorial, grounds, kitchen and guest services. Staff housing provided and meals when prepared. Apply
- Groundskeeper: Maintain a pleasant outdoor environment by ensuring the Lake Michigan’s grounds are attractive and orderly for our guests. Responsibilities will include mowing, weeding, trimming small trees, removing dead, damaged or unwanted trees and spitting wood. Apply
- Campground Host: Campground Host will assist in customer hospitality and with minor grounds or housekeeping responsibilities. This is a volunteer position of no more than 20 hours per week in exchange of a campsite with electric and water hook-up. Position available from May 1 – October 1. Apply
- Reservations & Camp Store Assistant: Assist in providing excellent guest services while taking RV camp reservations and working in the camp store. Apply
- Work Camper – hiring two to three work campers for the 2023 season (May-October). Join our fun, friendly crew and help maintain sites, tents, cabins, buildings, bathrooms, and grounds. Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat is a United Methodist Campground extending Christian hospitality to all our guests regardless of any religious affiliation. Work campers enjoy the best sunsets on Lake Michigan and a campsite with electric, water, and an on-site dump station (or honeywagon service) minimum 20 hours/week. Apply
Contact Erik Bengston, site director, email@example.com or 231-869-5627 for job descriptions and details. Use the form below to apply.
Wesley Woods Camp & Retreat Jobs (Dowling)
Learn more about working at Wesley Woods and seasonal job openings
- Office Manager
Year-round, part-time position for a self-motivated, team player with knowledge and experience with computers (including Word ans Excel), office equipment (i.e., copier, scanner), excellent phone, organizational and interpersonal skills. Responsibilities include answering incoming calls and taking reservations for groups. Give camp tours, and assists guests on arrival. Perform other duties assigned as necessary. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, can manage multiple projects and help where needed for an exceptional guest experience. Work-from-home flexibility. Use the form below or email your resume to Nicole Holton.
- Weekend Cook
Responsible for cooking and helping to manage kitchen assistants. Duties include organizing and helping to prepare, cook and serve meals for guest groups 20-100+; supervising staff; monitoring safety and cleanliness and being in charge of the kitchen. A varied knowledge of cooking is required. Year-round position. Use the form below or email your resume to Nicole Holton.
- Summer Camp Internships
Paid summer internships, training for valuable ministry and life experience. including programming, lifeguard, or maintenance.
- Leadership Development Training June 1-16, 2023
$600 per week
- Seasonal Hourly Staff Positions for 2023
High school students and up may apply.
- Head Cook and Kitchen Assistant
- Learn more or apply below
Lake Huron Retreat Center Jobs (Burtchville)
- No openings at this time
Michigan Area United Methodist Camping Jobs
- No openings at this time
Questions? Please contact the Rev. David Berkey, Executive Director, 517-966-2700 or email.
Share the joy of camp and retreat ministry as a part of our summer or year-round staff!
"*" indicates required fields