UPDATED June 7, 2022
Working in camp and retreat ministries is an opportunity to change lives and make disciples of Jesus Christ. Use the form at the bottom of this page to apply for any position (with the exception of ministry interns, see link below).
See also Volunteer Opportunities
Lake Michigan (Pentwater)
- Work Camper – hiring two to three workampers for the season (May-October). Join our fun, groovy, friendly crew and help maintain sites, tents, cabins, buildings, bathrooms, and grounds. Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat is a United Methodist Campground extending Christian hospitality to all our guests regardless of any religious affiliation. Workampers enjoy the best sunsets on Lake Michigan and a campsite with 50/30/20, water and on-site dump station (or honeywagon service) minimum 20 hours/week.
Contact Erik Bengston, site director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 231-869-5627 for job descriptions and details. Use the form below to apply.
Wesley Woods (Dowling)
- Ministry Internships as Summer Camp Staff – new for 2022 — in partnership with the Young Adult Ministry – Michigan Conference of the United Methodist Church. Paid summer staff, training for valuable ministry and life experience. including programming, lifeguard, or maintenance.
- Leadership Develop Training June 5-7
Site Orientation June 13-17
$600 per week
- Seasonal Maintenance Assistant – March – October, 30 hours/week.
- Guest Services Coordinator – Year-round, 20 hours/week
- Program Assistants (Counselors, Lifeguards) – Seasonal
- Head Cook – Seasonal
- Prep Cook/Kitchen Assistant – Seasonal
- Hospitality/Cleaning Assistant – Seasonal
Lake Huron Retreat Center (Burtchville)
Housekeeping (year-round, part-time)
Food Service (year-round, part-time)
- Contact Rev. Ann Emerson, Director at email@example.com or 810-327-6272 for job descriptions and further details. Use the form below to apply
Michigan Area United Methodist Camping
- no openings at this time