UPDATED Aug. 31, 2023
Working in camp and retreat ministries is an opportunity to change lives and help others experience the love of God. Use the form at the bottom of this page to apply for any position.
See also Volunteer Opportunities
Lake Huron Retreat Center Jobs (Burtchville)
- Site Director: Year-round adult retreat center on the shores of Lake Huron in Michigan seeks an experienced (3-5 years minimum) site director, preferably with experience leading an adult retreat center. If you have the gifts of hospitality and leadership to maintain an excellent 25-year reputation of a well-run, clean, hotel-quality (rooms and food service) ministry that fosters a spiritually-inspiring retreat experience, send your letter of introduction, resume and three references to the Rev. David Berkey, Executive Director, Michigan Area United Methodist Camping. Questions may be directed to the same e-mail address. Salary (negotiable), housing (on site) and benefits provided. Basic Job Description
Summer Camp Internships
Your summer job can build your leadership skills, understanding of camp ministry and score big points on your resume — and it can be fun and fulfilling! Summer Camp Interns work with their supervisor, coworkers and other interns throughout the summer, tailor their learning experiences to their interests, receive specialized training, and support each other through weekly check-ins. Training begins June 1 and runs 10 weeks (with room for some flexibility as your schedule may require). Ideal candidates have at least one year of college and are over 18 years old.
Day Camp Interns (Apply Jan. 1 for 2024)
Help run day camp for children at church sites (2023 sites were United Methodist Churches in West Branch, Port Huron and Utica). Camps include crafts, games, activities, Bible lessons, and more. Interns will be trained in all aspects of day camp including curriculum, child safety, instruction, programs, and more. Monday-Friday, hourly pay.
Overnight Camp Interns (Apply Jan. 1 for 2024)
You’ll be guided through all aspects of camp ministry, including, but limited to program leadership, administration, lifeguarding, hospitality, maintenance, team building. Includes salary, housing and meals (room and board).
Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat Jobs (Pentwater)
- Summer Staff: Excellent opportunity for high school, college students, and school employees. Responsibilities will vary from day to day based on campground demand including janitorial, grounds, kitchen and guest services. Staff housing provided and meals when prepared. (Apply Jan. 1 for 2024)
- Groundskeeper: Maintain a pleasant outdoor environment by ensuring the Lake Michigan’s grounds are attractive and orderly for our guests. Responsibilities will include mowing, weeding, trimming small trees, removing dead, damaged or unwanted trees and spitting wood. (Apply Jan. 1 for 2024)
- Campground Host: Campground Host will assist in customer hospitality and with minor grounds or housekeeping responsibilities. This is a volunteer position of no more than 20 hours per week in exchange of a campsite with electric and water hook-up. Position available from May 1 – October 1. (Apply Jan. 1 for 2024)
- Reservations & Camp Store Assistant: Assist in providing excellent guest services while taking RV camp reservations and working in the camp store. (Apply Jan. 1 for 2024)
- Work Camper – hiring two to three work campers for the 2023 season (May-October). Join our fun, friendly crew and help maintain sites, tents, cabins, buildings, bathrooms, and grounds. Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat is a United Methodist Campground extending Christian hospitality to all our guests regardless of any religious affiliation. Work campers enjoy the best sunsets on Lake Michigan and a campsite with electric, water, and an on-site dump station (or honeywagon service) minimum 20 hours/week. (Apply Jan. 1 for 2024)
Contact Erik Bengston, site director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 231-869-5627 for job descriptions and details. Use the form below to apply.
Wesley Woods Camp & Retreat Jobs (Dowling)
- Site Director: Wesley Woods Camp & Retreat Center (Dowling, Michigan) seeks an experienced full-time year-round site director to lead its team through the fulfillment of its strategic and master plan. The site director reports to the executive director of a three-site, program-oriented nonprofit organization born out of The Michigan Conference of the UMC. Bring your leadership skills, passion for outdoor ministry, enthusiasm for innovation, growth and vision. Be part of the launch of a new brand that helps break down the barriers between us and God, and and amongst each other — giving time and space for the building of community based on forgiveness, inclusion, hope and and love. To apply, send a letter and resume to David Berkey, Executive Director. Basic Job Description
- Summer Camp Internships
Paid summer internships, training for valuable ministry and life experience. including programming, lifeguard, or maintenance.
- Leadership Development Training
$600 per week
(Apply Jan. 1 for 2024)
- Seasonal Hourly Staff Positions for 2024
High school students and up. Apply in January for 2024
- Head Cook and Kitchen Assistant
- Learn more
Michigan Area United Methodist Camping Jobs
- No openings at this time
Questions? Please contact the Rev. David Berkey, Executive Director, 517-966-2700 or email.
Share the joy of camp and retreat ministry as a part of our summer or year-round staff!
"*" indicates required fields