Snacks for Camp Scholarships
Hungry Annual Conference delegates just need to step outside the main conference room (Governor’s Hall) to visit the snack station hosted by Michigan Area United Methodist Camping for refreshments.
Donations for snacks, such as homemade cookies, granola bars, popcorn, trail mix, fruit, coffee, tea, and water will go toward camp scholarships. Water bottles and travel mugs are available in limited quantities. It is one of the organization’s biggest camp scholarship fundraisers and Conference members are very supportive.
Conference delegates and visitors are encouraged to sponsor a camper for a day for $70 (roughly the cost of attending one of our camps for children, youth or adults for one day). Sponsors receive a button that entitles them to free snacks and during Annual Conference!
For your convenience, you can make donations online (your snack button will be waiting for you at the snack table). Cash and checks are also welcome at the snack table. We hope to have credit card capability on site as well.
The Conference, through ministry shares, provides a small percentage of our operating funds. Your donations and camp fees make up the remaining budget. Thank you for your generosity!
Your support means we can continue to make disciples of Jesus Christ through outdoor ministries. Thank you!
How to Support the Camping Ministry
- Commit to praying for the camping ministry.
- Sponsor a camper for day at the $70 level or higher
- Camp at one of our family campgrounds (Lakeview and Lake Michigan)
- Register campers of all ages for summer camp
- Easy invite: sponsor children, youth, adults outside the church to attend camp
- Hold your church/district/conference events at one of our facilities
- Reserve one our sites for your family reunion or work picnic/party.