Stories from the Conference
FEB. 19, 2018
United Methodist Churches all over Michigan are celebrating Camp Sunday this winter. Through worship, fellowship time, Sunday School or evening activities – they share how camp changes lives for Christ. Just a few examples:
• Holland First UMC takes 10 weeks to share how camp and mission trips affect the lives of its young people. “$10 for 10” invites 100 people to donate $10 a week for 10 weeks toward camp and mission trip scholarships. They’ve been very successful!
• Sycamore Creek UMC Potterville Campus hosted its first I ♥ Camping Night where over 25 children visited different stations to learn about all the Michigan Area United Methodist Camps, play games and hear from campers, counselors and directors how they grow in faith at camp. Read more.
• Jackson First UMC celebrated Camp Sunday and invited Executive Director George Ayoub. Pastor George was surprised and delighted when they presented him a $10,000 check to help Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat Center purchase a new oven and make electrical upgrades.
• Hope UMC (Edwardsburg) invited Crystal Springs Director Dan Stuglik talk about camp and bring his pedal cars for some indoor races.
• Howell First UMC offers camp scholarships to everyone who wants to attend a United Methodist or affiliated camp. “We think camping is so important, we’ll pay for half their camp,” explained Rev. George Lewis.
We’d love to hear about your Camp Sunday! Send a photo or news update to email@example.com.