T-Shirt Design Contest: Lake Michigan
2022 Camp T-Shirt Design Contest
We’re looking ahead to next summer and outfitting the Welcome Center and Camp Store with some awesome new shirts and gear. You’re invited to get creative and dream with us. In addition to Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat items, one shirt design will be inspired by you! Submit your ideas, drawings, sketches or designs to email@example.com by Nov. 8, 2021.
We’ll select the finalists and then invite our Facebook followers to vote on their favorite.
You don’t have to be a graphic designer, just have an inspiration that you can share with us — we’ll take care of turning your design into an award-winning t-shirt!
The winner will receive one free t-shirt, hoodie and hat with their design — or the option of a free pavilion rental in 2022 (a $125 value, must be 21 years of age or older).
Design Rules and Guidelines
- Design may not exceed 11” wide by 12” high.
- Design must include the year “2022” and “Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat.”
- Design will appear on the front of a solid-color shirt.
- Design will be printed in up to three solid colors. Gradients and transparencies cannot be incorporated.
- Design must be original. By submitting a design, you are guaranteeing that you hold original rights to everything in it, that it may be printed on t-shirts and other gear, and that it does not contain any copyright or licensed material.
- If possible, render your design in Adobe Illustrator or a similar design program. Entries should include the original file, a vector-based EPS file, a high resolution JPEG or PDF file.
- A conceptual design may be submitted instead of a fully rendered design. All conceptual designs must be spelled out using highly descriptive language to fully articulate the design. A sketch of the design must be submitted along with the description.
- The winning design (whether a graphic rendering or a concept), Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat will use a graphic artist for finalizing the artwork and printing on shirts.
- One (1) entry per person. Entries can be submitted by an individual or as a collaborative effort. See more on collaborative efforts below.
- Eligibility: The contest is open to any Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat guests. Employees of the camp or Michigan Area United Methodist Camping or their vendors are not eligible.
- Entries become the property of Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat.
- Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat reserves the right to make adjustments to all entries, including colors of the design and the shirt.
- Collaborative entries should use the name of your local group when possible. No entry using the name of a company will be accepted. Recognition on lakemichigancamp.org and social media may include each contributing member of the submitting group when feasible. Should a collaborative entry win, the submitting group is responsible for determining how any prize will be shared within the group.
Submission Rules and Guidelines
- Entries must be emailed by Nov. 8, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All entry emails should have the subject line “2021 T-shirt Design Contest + Designer(s) Name + Design Title.”
- Include your name, mailing address and telephone number. Collaborative entries should include a list of participating members noting the main contact for the group submission.
- No purchase necessary.
How Winners Are Selected
- There will be two rounds of voting:
- Round 1: The LMRC Staff & Design Committee will select no more than 3 finalists.
- Round 2: The finalists will be presented on our Facebook page and website. The overall winner is determined by the votes submitted (one per person) using the web form. The LMCR will break a tie.
- Designs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Concept and originality
- Captures spirit of the campground
- Completeness of design
- Feasibility of reproduction
- Adherence to design and submission rules and guidelines
How Winners Will Be Notified
- Winners will be notified by email at the close of the voting period, via the information provided during entry.
- Upon contacting a winner and determining that they have met all eligibility requirements of the contest, such individual will be declared a “winner” of the contest via social media, website, and e-newsletter.
- To release the rights to your design to Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat for the use of your 2022 t-shirt design and other promotional items, including, but not limited to: the Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat website, social media and marketing materials.
- That Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat reserves the right to make adjustments to the winning designs.
- That winners are responsible for any taxes associated with prizes.
- To abide by all contest rules, agreements and guidelines.
2021 Deadlines and Important Dates
- Oct. 18, 2021 – Contest begins
- Nov. 8, 2021- SUBMISSION DEADLINE
- Dec. 6 – Community voting
- Dec. 13 – Winner announced
- May 2022 – Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat T-shirt release
If you have any questions regarding contest rules, please email email@example.com