Called By Name
SUMMER CAMP 2022
The first thing that happens at camp is that your name is called. You are known in the camp community as welcomed, loved, and encouraged to be who God calls you to be. We can’t wait to meet you, know you and call you by name as a friend in Christ!
Choose a week of camp — or a half-week “Mini Camp” for younger children — based on your grade level in the Fall of 2022. Choose one of three locations. Every camp includes lots of outdoor fun, Bible study and devotions, great food, singing and praising God, and time to try new things. Trained staff and volunteers care for you and build a welcoming community. Specialty camps add specific activities; extra fees may apply.
- Elementary Camps
- Middle School Camps
- High School Camps
- Family Camps & Retreats
New Camper Rebate! $50 rebate ($25 for mini camps) for first-time campers and the friend who invites them! download rebate coupon
Download Printable Brochure – check your mailbox in early January!
1700 Clear Lake, Dowling, MI 49050
Located one hour SW of Lansing, 20 minutes NW of Battle Creek.
Experience the beauty of 300 acres of woods overlooking the lake in the southwest corner of Michigan. Campers are welcomed and cared for by trained and compassionate staff. Enjoy the newly refurbished swimming pool with slide, bath house, and chapel, as well as kayaks, canoes, and paddle boards. Campfires, scenic views and worship help every day become more sacred as campers grow closer to God in Jesus Christ.
Children & Youth
- High School Camp, Grades 9-13, June 19-25
- Middle School Camp, Grades 6-8, July 10-16
- Middle School Sports Camp (Small Group Model), Grades 6-8, July 17-23
- Middle School Anime Camp (Small Group Model), Grades 6-8, July 24-30
- Elementary Camp 1, Grades 3-6 / Mini Grades 1-3, July 17-23
- Mini 1A: July 17-20 • Mini 1B: July 20-23
- Elementary Camp 2, Grades 3-6 / Mini Grades 1-3, July 24-30
- Mini 2A: July 24-27 • Mini 2B: July 27-30
- Elementary Camp 3, Grades 3-6 / Mini Grades 1-3, July 31-Aug. 6
- Mini 3A: July 31-Aug.3 • Mini 3B: Aug. 3-6
- Grand Camp, July 6-8
- Family Camp 1 – Memorial Day Weekend, May 28-30
- Family Camp 2 – Labor Day Weekend, Sept. 2-5
5807 N Ridge Rd., Pentwater, MI 49449
Located less than a half – hour south of Ludington, 45 minutes north of Muskegon.
It’s great at the Lake! Summer Camp is back for one week to enjoy the water, dunes and explore God’s creation. Grow friendships, enjoy camp activities, games, crafts, fun and Bible study at Lake Michigan Camp. Set just south of Pentwater in the beautiful woods along the sand dunes and a half mile of pristine Lake Michigan waterfront, Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat offers a unique camping experience with cabins, canvas platform tents, and a wide variety of activities. During the rest of the summer, RV and tent campground sites are available for group, family, or individual camping open to the public.
One Week of Youth Camp – All Ages: June 26-July 2
No RV Camping this week
- Counselor in Training, Grade 12
- Leader in Training, Grades 10-11
- Middle School Camp, Grades 6-9
- Elementary Camp, Grades 2-5
Are you called to be adventurous? Explore the backcountry, trails and waterways of Michigan or Canada. Three exciting adventure trips originate from Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat. Make new friends, gain outdoor skills, and grow closer to God along your discipleship journey with Jesus Christ.
- Kayak Pictured Rocks,Grades 9-12, July 10-16
- Bike Michigan, Grades 9-12, July 17-23
- Kayak Canada, Grades 9-12, July 24-30
Lake Huron Retreat Center
8794 Lakeshore Rd., Burtchville, MI 48059
Located 20 minutes north of Port Huron, just over an hour east of Flint.
You’ll feel pampered at this adult retreat center with comfortable hotel-style guest rooms. The modern meeting spaces and dining room offer magnificent views of beautiful Lake Huron. Families and individuals relish time away at our unstructured R&R Retreats. Other summertime events bring joy to adults with special needs, seniors and singers.
- R&R Family Weekend 1 – Memorial Day, May 28-30
- God’s Treasures Camp 1, Adults with Special Needs, June 21-25
- God’s Treasures Camp 2, Adults with Special Needs, July 12-16
- Lakeshore Interlude, Senior Adults, ages 65+, Aug. 2-4
- R&R Family Weekend 2 – Labor Day, Sept. 3-5
- Joyful Noise Choir Retreat, Adults, Sept. 9-10
What Families Can Expect
Our camps follow guidelines developed by the American Camp Association, in relation with the Centers for Disease Control, to provide a safe experience for campers and staff. The safety and well-being of your camper is our top priority.
Beyond the fun, independence, and adventure, Michigan Area United Methodist Campers will:
- Experience Christian community. That means everyone is fully accepted and learns to include, value, accept others.
- Care for creation, honoring and respecting all living things.
- Gain tools for growing in faith back home, things like prayer, reading the Bible, worship, Christian community, and serving others.